The Chief Executive of the TDAP, Mr. S.M Muneer visited the Islamic Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Mauritius on the 22nd of October 2016. The CE TDAP was accompanied by the Director General (Americas & Asia Division) Rafeo Bashir Shah, Acting Charge’ D’Affairesi.a for Mauritius Mr. K.K AhsanWagan, the acting Trade Attache’ Mr. Faisal Idris as well as the high powered business delegation from Pakistan.
2. Welcoming the delegation, the President of the ICC&I Mr.Ghoolam Mohammad stated that the main focus of the high powered business delegation from Pakistan, should be Networking, Networking & Networking only. He stated that there is a general acceptance as well as recognition of the fact that there is a very highly under-utilized potential for enhancing bilateral trade between the two brotherly countries. The manifestation of the love and affection of the ICC&I towards Pakistan can be gauged by the fact that every year, on the Pakistan day celebrations, the ICC&I hosts the flag of Pakistan and join the celebrations with the Pakistan High Commission in Mauritius.
3. It was briefed that the commercial relationship between Pakistan and Mauritius have existed over decades and Pakistan can offer a lot of products for the Secondary and Tertiary markets for COMESA and SADEC. Therefore the Pakistani and Mauritian companies and entrepreneurs need to work together for attracting FDI, Joint ventures and setting up of stronger business and commercial relationships in both countries. The visit of the high powered business delegation from Pakistan, it was stated, shows a high level of commitment by the Government of Pakistan to strengthen the business relationship between the two countries.
4. Thanking the ICC&I, the CE TDAP gave a briefing to the participants of the B2B sessions and the ICC&I members and office bearers, about the various meetings with the public and private sector that have been held so far by the delegation from Pakistan. The CE then briefed the participants about the 140 plus exhibitions in diverse markets and sectors that the TDAP participates each year. It was also briefed that the current high powered business delegation to Mauritius is a result of the efforts taken by Her Excellency the President of Mauritius during her last visit to Pakistan and based on the feedback of the delegation, the TDAP would be considering Single Country Exhibitions in Mauritius in the near future. Giving the participants of the meeting an overall brief on Pakistan’s economy, the CE TDAP requested the Mauritian companies to come over and invest in Pakistan directly or through Joint Ventures. In the end the CE TDAP thanked the ICC&O for the hospitality that has been shown towards the delegation.
5. Thereafter a presentation was shown to the participants regarding the investment opportunities in Mauritius was given by Mr.MuniruddeenLallmahamood, CEO of M/s Century Banking Corporation.
6. In the end, the Acting Charge’ D’Affairesi.a for Mauritius, Mr. K.K AhsanWagan also expressed his gratitude to the ICC&I as well as the Government of Mauritius for welcoming the delegation and stressed the need to strengthen the bilateral trade as well as commercial relationship between the private sectors of the two countries.
7. Thereafter, an exchange of souvenirs was done by both sides and the meeting ended with a note of thanks to the CE TDAP as well as the ICC&I for hosting a well-planned B2B session for the visiting Pakistani delegation.