Pakistan completely switched over to the REX system on December 31, 2017. Accordingly, effective January 1, 2018 TDAP has stopped issuing Certificate of Origin/ Form-A for exports to the EU (28 countries), Switzerland, and Norway. Now only REX-Registered exporters are authorized to issue “Statement on Origin” for their export consignments destined for EU, Switzerland, and Norway.
Turkey is also implementing the REX system effective July 1, 2019, allowing a 3-month transition period till September 30, 2019 during which period it will accept Statement of Origin (from REX registered exporters) as well as Form-A/ Certificate of Origin issued by TDAP. Accordingly, effective October 1, 2019, Turkey will complete its transition to REX and TDAP will stop issuing Form-A/ Certificate of Origin for all exports to Turkey.
Registration under REX remains open and the TDAP is continuing to register exporters into the REX System. Around 6,900 exporters have already been registered under REX till June, 2019. Accordingly, all exporters to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, and Turkey not yet registered are advised to get their entities registered under REX.
Important reference documents for guidance:
1. For registration to REX, exporters are requested to complete their REX Applications online using the Pre-Application Process and send to TDAP (please refer documents placed at Sr.1, 6, and 7 under “Downloads”).
2. For guidance on main terms applicable to REX registered companies in Pakistan please refer the document “Main Terms for REX Companies” available at Sr.2 under “Downloads”.
3. For guidance on countries for which “Statement on Origin (SOO)” can be issued by REX-Registered exporters and prescribed “Text” for the SOO, please refer the document “List of Countries & Text for SOO” (Sr.3 under “Downloads”).
4. For guidance on “Origin Criteria and Rules of Origin” for EU GSP scheme please refer documents available at Sr.4 and Sr.5 under “Download
5. For detailed guidance on key aspects of the REX system please refer “REX Operational Guide” and “Relevant Articles of GSP Regulations (Sr. 6, 8, and 9 under “Downloads”).
Important Links for the “REX System”:
Please click on links below to access the web page: