REX System Implementation
- Pakistan completely switched over to the REX system on December 31, 2017. Accordingly, effective January 1, 2018 TDAP stopped issuing Certificate of Origin/ Form-A for exports to the EU (27 countries), Switzerland, Norway and UK. Now only REX-Registered exporters are authorized to issue “Statement on Origin” for their export consignments destined for EU, Switzerland, and Norway.
- Turkey has also implemented the REX system effective July 1, 2019, allowing a 3-month transition period till September 30, 2019 during which period it accepted Statement of Origin (from REX registered exporters) as well as Form-A/ Certificate of Origin issued by TDAP. Accordingly, effective October 1, 2019, Turkey has also switched over to REX and TDAP has stopped issuing Form-A/ Certificate of Origin for all exports to Turkey. For further details please refer the document “REX Implementation by Turkey” at Sr.11 under “Downloads”.
- Registration under REX remains open and the TDAP is continuing to register exporters into the REX System. Around 8,300 exporters have already been registered under REX till December 2021. Accordingly, all exporters to the EU, Switzerland, Norway and Turkey not yet registered are advised to get their entities registered under REX system.
- The UK is no more part of the REX system effective January 01, 2021 after completion of the transition period for Brexit. Under the new system for UK, exporters are required to issue origin certificate on their own using copies of Form-A. For further details please refer the document “UK-GSP Scheme as Applicable to Pakistan” at Sr.13 under “Downloads”.
Important Reference Documents For Guidance:
- For registration to REX, exporters are requested to complete their REX Applications online using the Pre-Application Process and send to TDAP (please refer documents placed at Sr.1, 6, and 7 under “Downloads”).
- For guidance on main terms applicable to REX registered companies in Pakistan please refer the document “Main Terms for REX Companies” available at Sr.2 under “Downloads”.
- For guidance on countries for which “Statement on Origin (SOO)” can be issued by REX-Registered exporters and prescribed “Text” for the SOO, please refer the document “List of Countries & Text for SOO” (Sr.3 under “Downloads”).
- For guidance on “Origin Criteria and Rules of Origin” for EU GSP scheme please refer documents available at Sr.4 and Sr.5 under “Download
- For detailed guidance on key aspects of the REX system please refer “REX Operational Guide” and “Relevant Articles of GSP Regulations (Sr. 6, 8, and 9 under “Downloads”).
- For guidance on REX scheme implementation by Turkey please refer Sr.11 under “Downloads”.
- For guidance on “Adjustment of REX Registration Data” please refer Sr.12 under “Downloads”.
- For guidance on “UK-GSP Scheme as Applicable to Pakistan” please refer Sr.13 under “Downloads”.
Important Links For The “REX System”:
Please click on links below to access the web page:
- To access online “Pre-application Form” for registration to REX system:
The pre-application webpage
- To view an exporter’s data displayed on EU website:
Validate REX numbers then enter your company’s “TIN” or “REX” number and click respective “validate” button. Click “>” signs to see complete registration data.
- To view REX system information displayed on official EU website:
The Registered Exporter system (REX system)
- To find import tariffs for imports into the EU (or exports to the EU from Pakistan):