TDAP Programs with Women Entrepreneurs
- TDAP has been facilitating and promoting women Entrepreneurs since its inception.
- TDAP’s main focus is to assist WEs meet requirements of local and international markets in terms of product and promotion.
- TDAP has supported women entrepreneurs’ participation in international exhibitions and fairs.
- Participation of WEs’ is permitted in all product categories.
- There is a 15% quota for selection of women entrepreneurs and new exporters in exhibitions and fairs.
- Women entrepreneurs’ pay 50% of the normal stall charges.
- WEXNET is a platform that provides women with opportunities to meet requirements of domestic urban consumer enabling them to:
- Exhibit their products,
- Network with each other,
- Learn from mutual experiences, and
- Form collaborations and partnerships for sharing benefits.
- In 2001, TDAP (formerly EPB) created WEXNET, as a network for women exporters.
- Is holding it ever since on a regular basis at Karachi and Lahore on alternate basis.
9th Edition of WEXNET was organized at the Expo Centre, Lahore (Dec 4-6, 2015):
- Provided a mega platform for women entrepreneurs from all over Pakistan to interact in trade activities and exhibit their products in an international scenario.
- Enabled more than 300 women entrepreneur from across Pakistan to showcase their products.
- The exhibition was a unique opportunity for Pakistani women to exhibit their products under one roof.
- WEXNET recognized as the only national level exhibition for women entrepreneurs in Pakistan.
To develop Women Entrepreneurship, particularly in the area of trade & industry and enhancing commercial activities within women entrepreneurs.
- TDAP supported exhibitions cum training workshops for women entrepreneurs on:
- Basic requirements of exports
- Product development
- Supply chain management
- How to start business, etc.
- TDAP has developed a comprehensive database of more than 400 women entrepreneurs of Pakistan in consultation with:
- all major women chambers
- trade wings
- commercial offices.